Friday, December 28, 2007

I have entered the Capitulation stage.


I have entered the stage of the housing crash known as capitulation.

Main Entry: ca·pit·u·la·tion Listen to the pronunciation of capitulation

Pronunciation: \kə-ˌpi-chə-ˈlā-shən\

Function: noun

Date: 1535
1: a set of terms or articles constituting an agreement between governments
2 a
: the act of surrendering or yielding b: the terms of surrender


I have reached the point where I realize I am not going to be able to sell my condo. With much nicer units languishing on the market for months, priced 10% below what I paid for my inferior unit, I realized that there is no hope of selling and I have given up.

It has almost left me with a sense of peace, I liken it to someone realizing that they are going to die and understanding that there is nothing they can do about it, the person reaches a point where they accept that fate and are at peace with it.

I am have acceped the fact I cannot sell my condo and I will be stuck here for a long time. I am going to make the most of it by re-painting it, getting rid of some old furniture, and maybe buying a nice book shelf.



I am going to try and be thankful that I live in a place that costs me less to own than equivlent rent in the area, and be thankful that I do not live in bubble markets like Miami or California where I could be a lot worse off and actually be renting the same house for cheaper.

I have entered the stage of housing capitulation, and I am at peace.

No comments:


View My Stats